Powered By Blogger

Saturday 22 August 2015

Story books to teach children about artists

I really like the idea of introducing artists to children through story. Often, I feel like I am just showing them the art. I always feel more connected when I hear the story behind the art, so I'm sure children so too!

Henri's Scissors


Henri Matisse-





Matisse's art work can be explored through the cutting and sticking of shapes.
I like to use a cutting skills copy with my class as cutting is great for fine motor skills. This would be a fantastic integration while exploring 2D shapes in maths. 



Action Jackson

Jackson Pollock-


http://www.bookdepository.com/Action-Jackson-Jan-Greenberg/9780312367510

Splat Paintings are a great way to explore his process


This book is great to encourage children to see shapes creatively. It was another I picked up on my splurge in MoMA! I plan on using it to support the exploration of Matisse's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment